Cape Tribulation Tour
Join this Cape Tribulation Tour and see the stunning Mossman Gorge, and Daintree Rainforest and also take part in a “Welcome to Country” and smoke ceremony.
The Great Barrier Reef and the world’s oldest continuously-living tropical rainforests meet at Cape Tribulation. In fact, there is no other place in the world where you will find these two magnificent ecosystems collide. This Full Day Cape Tribulation tour gives you plenty of time to explore and also enjoy the breathtaking natural beauty and rare worth of this really remarkable slice of paradise.
Enjoy the Scenery
Kick off your day by traveling along the scenic Great Barrier Reef Drive, hugging the coastline from Cairns to Port Douglas. Comparatively, just like the Great Ocean Road, this is the Far North’s iconic drive, with breathtaking views of the Coral Sea. Our first stop of the day is just past Port Douglas, at the beautiful town of Mossman. Visiting the southern section of the Daintree Rainforest we will explore Mossman Gorge. The cool mountain waters of the Mossman River cut out this valley, which runs between enormous granite rocks and is surrounded by beautiful green rainforest.
The traditional owners of this land – the Kuku Yalanji people – will take you on a journey with their Welcome to Country and Smoke Ceremony. A smoke ceremony will purify you of evil spirits, and traditional rainforest body paint will also be applied to you. An educational presentation will teach you about the weaponry, customs, as well as the culture of the Bama (Rainforest) people.
Explore the Daintree Rainforest
Soon it will be time to venture further north and explore more of the Daintree Rainforest. After enjoying a delicious lunch, we will head over to the Marrdja Botanical Boardwalk. Meaning ‘rainforest’ in the local Kuku Yalanji language, this boardwalk is certainly one of the most popular ways to see the Daintree Rainforest. Expert interpretation of the rainforest by our well-trained guides will both educate and leave you feeling in awe. After all, they are very passionate about this slice of paradise! Walk a short distance and be awed by the incredible variety of habitats you’ll come across, from low-lying ferns and bushes to the towering rainforest canopy as well as the mangroves.
After all that walking, it’s time for a snack. So, we will stop off at the Daintree Icecream Company for some tasty treats! Don’t forget to bring some cash along to support this local enterprise and purchase ice cream!
Spot some Crocodiles
Soon it will be time to start the journey home, but not before stopping at Alexandra Lookout to take in the view. See how the Daintree River winds its way through the Rainforest and out to Sea. This afternoon, you’ll go on a wildlife cruise along the river, where you can spot a crocodile but also learn about the delicate ecosystem of this spectacular serpent-like waterway.
Finally, after a brief stop in Port Douglas, a gorgeous coastal community with a chill attitude and plenty of pubs and cafés, the bus will continue on its way back to Cairns.
So what is Included?
- Scenic Coastal Drive (Cairns to Port Douglas)
- Mossman Gorge (with Welcome to Country Indigenous Experience)
- Wildlife River Cruise (Crocodiles and more)
- Guided Rainforest Walk
- Cape Tribulation
- Lunch in the rainforest
- Daintree River (ferry crossing)
- Short visit to world-famous Port Douglas
And what will I need to bring?
- A small day bag
- Swimming Costume
- Walking shoes
- Insect repellent
- Money for drinks, snacks and also Icecream
What are the best parts of your day?
- Scenic Coastal Drive
- Mossman Gorge
- Welcome to Country and Smoke Ceremony
- Daintree River
- Rainforest Boardwalk
- Cape Tribulation
- Wildlife River Cruise
- Port Douglas
And how does your day look?
- 7:30 am – Pickups from Cairns or Northern Beaches Accommodation
- Arrive at Mossman Gorge Centre
- Meet Traditional Owners and experience a “Welcome to Country” as well as a smoke ceremony.
- Transfer to the gorge for a Rainforest Walk and optional swim
- Travel to the Daintree River Cruise Centre for the Daintree Wildlife and Crocodile Spotting Cruise
- Drive through the Rainforest to Cape Tribulation
- Enjoy Lunch at Cape Tribulation
- Visit Marddja Boardwalk for the guided Rainforest Walk
- Spend time at Cape Tribulation Beach (Myall Beach)
- Visit Daintree Icecream Co (ice-cream purchased at own cost)
- Stop at Alexandra Lookout
- Return back to the Mainland via the Daintree River Ferry Crossing
- Sightseeing tour through Port Douglas
- 7:00 pm – Return to your Cairns Accommodation
So what is not Included?
Breakfast, Snacks as well as Drinks, are available to be purchased at Mossman Gorge Centre.
You can also purchase an Ice-Cream when visiting the Daintree Ice-cream Co.
But how will I get there?
Courtesy transfers to and from your hotel are included.
Infants (0-1 years old) – Please note infants travel free of charge on the condition they sit on the parents lap whilst travelling. No meal is included for an infant.
The child pricing for this tour applies to children between 2-11 years. With this in mind, Adult pricing applies to guests 12 years and over.
There are no reviews yet