Kuranda Rainforest Skyrail
Not only beautiful but in addition, it’s sustainable too! Kuranda Rainforest Skyrail is an excellent example of ecotourism. Specifically engineered for breathtaking views, there’s certainly no better way to see the rainforest! As the Kuranda Rainforest Skyrail takes you high above the canopy, your view of the rainforest will be completely unrestricted.
Discover an ancient rainforest
Australia’s Wet Tropics are home to the oldest surviving tropical rainforest on the planet. You can find at least 50 flowering plants that are nowhere else in the world. It is recognised as the original birthplace of kangaroos!
Most importantly, it’s the only place in the world where two World Heritage locations are located right next to each other. The Wet Tropics Rainforest in addition to the Great Barrier Reef.
Make sure you download the Skyrail app to your phone before departing. This consequently gives you access to expert commentary as you glide through the canopy. After that, stop off at not one but two different stations. Explore the rainforest from ground level. In addition, Red Peak Station provides a beautiful walk along a boardwalk through the trees. Barron Falls Station provides a spectacular view of the famous Barron River Waterfall.
This tour is perfect for those staying on the Atherton Tablelands. It is a self-drive option, departing from Kuranda. Secondly, for those staying in Cairns, click HERE to book your Skyrail experience.
Have an even better experience!
For a spectacular view upgrade to our unique glass floor gondola. This provides guests with a unique perspective of the treetops and the forest floor below. Diamond view gondolas carry a maximum of 5 passengers and depart stations approximately every 7 minutes.
Departure times from Kuranda are every 15 minutes, starting at 9:15 am. Return times from Cairns, Smithfield is every 15 minutes, From 10:15 am – 3:30 pm. Please leave us a booking message with your desired departure and return times. Keep in mind, including the 2 stops along the way, a one-way journey will take approx 1.5 hours.
- Self-drive to Kuranda – The Village in the Rainforest. Arrive 15 minutes before departure.
- Barron Falls station will provide you with an awesome view of the majestic Barron Falls
- Take a complimentary guided boardwalk tour and find out about our fascinating eco-system.
- Learn about the rainforest at the Rainforest Interpretation Centre.
- Red Peak Station is 545 metres above sea level our 175-metre boardwalk for provides a wonderful opportunity to explore the rainforest from ground level.
- When approaching the first rainforest mid-station Red Peak, your gondola will descend through the canopy layers and take you deep in the forest.
- A one way Skyrail experience will take approximately 90 minutes to complete so for our return service you should allow at least 2 1/2 hours.
There are no reviews yet